Registrations open for 3 online course sessions (each is 6 weeks long):
- Mobile Web 2: Programming Web Applications: at only 245€ (approx 325 US$)
- Mobile Web 1: Best Practices: at only 245€ (approx 325 US$)
- from 4 February to 11 March 2013 – register soon
- Buenas Prácticas en Web Móvil: precio regular es 195€
- desde 4 febrero hasta 11 marzo 2013 – registrate ahora!
MobiWebApp team is developing three new mobile Web courses to help Web designers and content producers who are already familiar with the desktop world to become familiar with the Web as delivered on mobile devices.
The MobiWebApp online training courses are:
- Course 1: “Mobile Web 1: Best Practices”
- Course 2: “Mobile Web 2: Applications”
- Course 3: “Buenas Practicas en Web Móvil”
The Introduction to W3C Mobile Web and Application Best Practices online course is based on best practices, particularly the W3C Mobile Web Best Practices and the W3C Mobile Web Application Best Practices, both W3C standards.
During this course, participants do:
- learn about and use the recommended versions of HTML and CSS to use for mobile today;
- understand the constraints of working on mobile and how to overcome them to deliver the best possible experience to the widest range of users;
- practice client side and server side content adaptation techniques;
- learn about and use the exciting new APIs available on modern mobile platforms.
The online course is delivered as a series of 6 modules, one per week. Each module presents information as one or more lectures and includes a quiz, an assignment or some other activity. Interaction between participants is strongly encouraged through the discussion forum. The course includes 1 quizzes and 4 practical assignments that all need to be completed satisfactorily in order to receive a certificate of completion. Full details of the course content are available on W3DevCampus Web site.
Course 1 Dates:
Courses taught by Phil Archer and Frances de Waal:
- from 6 June to 29 July 2011
- from 5 September to 28 October 2011
- from 30 January to 25 March 2012
- from 29 April to 10 June 2012
- from 3 September to 14 October 2012
- from 12 November to 23 December: register here
- from 4 February to 17 March 2013: register here
- later in 2013: please subscribe to the announcement mailing list to be kept up to date and/or follow @W3Training
In the “Mobile Web 2: Applications” 6-week course, participants will learn how to write great mobile Web applications that can ship both online and in application stores.
The course is a follow-up on the very popular “Mobile Web 1: Best Practices” course (formerly known as “Introduction to Mobile Web Best Practices”).
You can take the Mobile Web 2 course without having taken the Mobile 1 course. However, check out Sections “Who Should Attend?” and “What do I need?” to find out about the target audience and pre-requesites for this course.
Moving beyond best practices, this course covers all techniques you need to know for creating successful mobile Web applications, including:
- Progressive enhancement and feature detection
- HTML5 for mobile
- Taking applications offline
The “Mobile Web 2: Applications” online course will provide you with all the knowledge you need to write mobile Web applications that can ship both online and in application stores, using today’s advanced technologies. During this course, you will:
- Understand the specifics of developing Web applications for the mobile environment.
- Discover the options at your disposal to package your applications so that they work offline or can be shipped to application stores.
- Be informed about what technologies are coming next so that you will be ready to use them when they become broadly available.
- Hone your skills as a Web developer in general.
Course 2 Dates:
- 12 March – 6 May 2012: course taught by Robin Berjon and Marcos Caceres
- 11 June – 22 July 2012: course taught by Marcos Caceres
- 15 October – 25 November 2012: register now!
- 7 January – 17 February 2013: register here.
- 18 March – 28 April 2013: register.
- Later in 2012: please subscribe to the announcement mailing list to be kept up to date and/or follow @W3Training
MobiWebApp is proud to launch a complete online training package in Spanish associated with the “Mobile Web 1” course: the content (lectures, assignments, etc.), the trainer (Gicela Morales), the discussion forums and the e-learning platform are all speaking Spanish!
El curso ayudará a diseñadores Web y productores de contenido del mundo de las PC’s de escritorio a familiarizarse con la Web entregada a dispositivos móviles. Es fácil ver porqué la Web y móvil van de la mano a mano. A diferencia de la de la tradicional web “alámbrica”, la Web móvil va a donde van los usuarios. Los usuarios ya no tienen que recordar hacer algo en la Web al regresar a su equipo de escritorio, pueden hacerlo inmediatamente, dentro del contexto que les hizo usar la Web en primera lugar. Los dispositivos móviles permiten la Web llegar a una audiencia muchos mas amplia, en todo momento, en todas situaciones. Tiene la oportunidad de llegar a lugares donde los cables no pueden ir, a lugares anteriormente impensables (por ejemplo, proporcionar información médica en situaciones de rescate de montaña) y acompañar a alguien tan fácil como llevar el tiempo en un reloj de pulsera.
Course 3 Dates:
- 18 June – 28 July 2012: course taught by Gicela Morales
- 3 September – 14 October 2012: course taught by Gicela Morales
- from 12 November to 23 December: register soon!
- from 4 February to 17 March 2013: register here.
- Later in 2013: please subscribe to the announcement mailing list to be kept up to date and/or follow @W3Training